"'You don't have enough faith,' Jesus told them.
'I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed,
you could say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it would move.
Nothing would be impossible.'" Matthew 17:20
Tonight for our devotion during Upward practice I gave the girls a card like the one above. In the middle of the circle is a mustard seed. I asked the girls if they knew what a mustard seed was and most of them had never heard of it. I then told them they were holding one in their hand. They, of course, made comments like "wow, that's a small seed" and "if I squeeze it will mustard come out", etc.
While thinking about the mustard seed the past couple of days, I thought I'd look up some facts about the mustard plant. The mustard plant can actually grow up to 9 feet tall. Wow! The girls were astonished (as was I) that a little seed like that could grow 9 feet tall!
There are still times in my life that my faith is weak and tattered. But there have been times where believing and trusting God with that mustard seed faith led to a deeper meaning and understanding of His promises.
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen;
it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."
Hebrews 11:1
My prayer is that my mustard seed faith will grow strong and firm. I pray that faith turns into a consuming, powerful faith that longs to love God with everything I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment