I often have random thoughts at random times - I had one this afternoon when I was at the gym running on the treadmill.
I don't know why, but I began to think of the movie - The Wizard of Oz. I began singing all the "If I Only..." songs in my head.
Some days I'm like the scarecrow - my brain is just not there. Those days when common sense makes no sense at all. These days frustrate me because I think about those things that cause me to worry and fret. Thoughts of those very things I know (and should trust) that God has in His hands.
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalm 139:23
Some days I'm like the tinman - my heart just isn't in it. Those days when I'm just going through the routine of life and not putting anything real into living. Days when my words are empty, my actions are lazy and everything is for my own gain and pleasure and not for God's glory.
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31
Most days (like today) I'm like the lion - overcome with fear - fear of simple things; talking to new people, making decisions (even silly simple ones) and fear of living in total surrender to God's plan. I know His way is best, but it means being out of my comfort zone (which I'm no good at).
"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Lord, take my thoughts and make them Yours - that everything that runs through my mind would be pleasing to You.
Lord, take my heart because it's Yours - may I fall in love with You over and over again and that my actions would flow from Your love in my life.
Lord, take my fear - give me courage that only comes from You.

No comments:
Post a Comment