As I mentioned in my previous post, my life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. After writing my last blog I decided to read through the book of Jeremiah again in order to get better understanding of the build up to my life verse.
It's been a very tough read. There is so much in the book of Jeremiah. It's the persistence of God for His people to repent from their evil ways and turn their hearts once again to their God. You get a sense of God's frustration and annoyance because the people won't repent. God uses Jeremiah to speak to His people.
As I've been reading Jeremiah's responses, I get why he is known as the weeping prophet. He is faithful to speak the words God gives him as people plot to harm and even kill him (even those people who were priests and worked in the temple).
God has brought encouragement in this journey through Jeremiah:
"I, the LORD, define the oceans sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar, but they can never pass the boundaries I set." (5:22)
Jeremiah said, "When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear Your name, O LORD God of Heaven's Armies." (15:16)
Jeremiah said, "... the LORD stands beside me like a great warrior." (20:11)
My prayer is that these words will sink deep within me and take root so that I can live by them daily. I want to live in faith that He hasn't given me more than I can bear and I want to "devour" His words and feel His presence as He stands beside me as my "knight in shining armor."
Later - B
I LOVE verse 22 about the boundaries! Bears going to India on Feb 21 & I've been starting to sense a little anxiety creep in this week. He'll be gone until early March & others have warned me of the intense spiritual battle that not only he will face over there but that will hit us at home in his absence. I'm going to add this to my list of verses to pray. It's so comforting to serve a God Who sets boundaries...and is powerful enough to enforce them! He has really used you to speak comfort to my heart.
ReplyDeleteHey Kristen, I'll be praying for you and your family as February 21st draws closer and the days that will follow. I loved that boundaries verse as well. It hit me pretty hard when I read it - had to actually stop reading and go back and look at it a couple of times. God just kept reminding me how in control He is of everything going on not only in my life but in the whole world.
ReplyDelete