The Lord is always working... but I had forgotten to seek. In the past couple of weeks the Lord has been speaking clearly and lovingly to me. I'm not sure what the exact steps were that caused the Word of the Lord to become so clear - I'm not even sure that it matters - I'm just glad His voice is there.
For a few months before that, I had been asking God for direction and guidance but felt like I wasn't really getting through. I'm now realizing that my prayers had been very selfish. I had been asking the Lord for these things but I wasn't "seeking" Him for opportunities to share Him or minister to others.
This past week I spent some time with friends doing ministry at a church in South Georgia. I had forgotten what it was like to pour myself totally into ministry and let the Lord use me. I love fulfilling His call on my life. There's nothing like praying with individuals and families that have fallen on hard times - to be able to interact with them just for a few moments knowing that the Lord will take what little you can give of yourself to them and use it to bring about healing, hope, perseverence, and even salvation. We were able to meet their physical needs (canned food, school supplies, cleaning supplies) first and then minister to them through prayer and care.
It was a great week that brought a lot of perspective and I'm still processing some things that I feel like the Lord is preparing me for. It's a great place to be at - and I'm excited about hearing His voice!
No comments:
Post a Comment