I finally started a blog. The hardest part, by far, has been coming up with a non-cheesy blog name. I settled on "Pondering Anew".
This phrase comes from one of my favorite hymns called "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty". It's such a beautiful song with amazing lyrics. Here's one of the verses:
"Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee.
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do,
If with His love He befriend thee."
"Ponder Anew what the Almighty can do...." - this part of the song has always stood out to me. It's a reminder to me that God is always at work in, through and around us. Sometimes I become distracted by every day life that I lose sight of where God is working. I suppose that's why Jesus says we must take up our cross daily instead of every once in a while.
I pray this blog can somehow bring encouragement and help to someone.
Later! - B
Yay! Thanks for sharing. I'm totally a blog stalker & this just fuels my addiction. :) Seriously though, I'm excited to read how God's working in your life. I can't wait to follow along!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristen!
ReplyDeleteThanks for being my first comment. I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the pictures of your beautiful family. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!